1. Consultants bring objectivity to an organization. A good consultant can provide a different perspective without being concerned what others may say about the results.
2. Consultants can bring new life to an organization. Every organization needs renewing every now and then.
3. Consultants have the right expertise in his/her field to help lift up an organization where there may not be systematic experts.
4. Consultants can be hired to supplement staffing needs. Thousands of dollars can be saved by contracting out the work because organizations save by not paying out benefits.
5. Consultants can be hired to identify problems where others on the inside are too close to see them. Having someone come in with no biases can be helpful.
6. Consultants are agents for change where many do not like change, especially in corporate America. As we all know change is inevitable and a consultant can implement what is needed.
7. Consultants can also be hired to identify and implement those tough decisions in restructuring, down-sizing and the elimination of programs/divisions.
8. Consultants can be hired to influence others and shift the organizational culture.